Train your staff (or yourself)
If you can sell things successfully, you are a better employee in so many different jobs. You are more employable. If you run your own business; your business should be more successful.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD SALES PERSON?
A good sales person should possess the following qualities:
- Enjoy selling
- Be well presented (If face to face -groomed and neatly dressed)
- Have a pleasant personality
- Be courteous and tactful
- Have a basic understanding of human nature - have the ability to read people's body language etc.)
- Be a great ‘listener’
All these qualities provide a predisposition toward successful selling; but to be a really successful seller, a person needs knowledge and understanding and experience that creates a natural and genuine approach to interacting with customers. This course can help anyone be a better seller; and for people who have some or all of the above qualities, this course may help you to become an exceptional salesperson.
Lesson 1: Presentation, Personality and Communication in Selling
- Personality, Self-Awareness and Attitude
- Types of Shoppers
- Communication, Active Listening and Conversation Selling
- Communicating Confidence
- Trends in Ethical Shopping
Lesson 2: Helping the Product Sell Itself
- Merchandising and Displays
- How Customers Pay
- Case Study: Garden Centre Products & Services
Lesson 3: Product Knowledge
- What is Product Knowledge?
- Knowing your competition
- Marketing for Sales Outlets and Retail Businesses
Lesson 4: Selling Made Simple
- Introduction - The selling process
- Steps in Sales
- Using Language to Promote Sales
- Creating Logical Sentences
- Reduce Confusion in Your Sales Approach
Lesson 5: ‘The Opening’ (Gaining the Customer ’s Attention)
- Timing and Opening a Sale
Lesson 6: ‘Closing a Sale’ (COS)
Lesson 7: The Law and Selling
- Ethics and Selling
- Ethics in Sales
- Guidelines for Ethical Marketing and Selling
Lesson 8: Gaining and Keeping Customers
- Customer Satisfaction
- Measuring Success
LEARN TO UNDERSTAND HOW YOU TAILOR THE SALES APPROACH TO SUIT THE CUSTOMER
One size does not fit all!
Every customer is an individuals and needs to be treated as such. They communicate in their own way. Their speech or writing may or may not be direct and precise. They may tend to be verbose or concise. They may receive messages differently. When you say something to two different people, it may be interpreted in two different ways.
Customers can be divided into three categories:
- Thinking - they require facts.
- Feeling - they respond emotionally to a salespersons plea.
- Intuitive - they believe that they have extra sense some insight which allows them to arrive at the right decision more often than others.
Some of course may be just browsing but may be motivated by displays to make a purchase
Within a short period, a professional salesperson can recognise which type of buyer they are dealing with and can vary sales technique accordingly.
Selling is the art of persuasion: helping people to buy what you want because they want to.
- A buyer must believe that a product they are about to buy is the best for them.
- A buyer needs to feel they are making the decision to buy, and not being ‘coerced’ into a purchase.
This course is a learning experience - a pathway you follow which develops a sharper sense of how to sell, as well as building essential knowledge, understanding and a collection of useful "tools" to be more effective as a salesperson.
How does this course work?
Our 20 hour courses are self paced and will help you understand a topic in a short amount of time. You can work through the course when you like- test yourself with mini-tests along the way. There are extra case studies or research you can undertake if you would really like to get into the topic. Once you have completed the lessons and self assessment tasks, there is a final exam undertaken online- you can then download your personalised certificate
You can enrol at any time
Once you have paid for the course, you will be able to start straight away.
Study when and where you like. Work through at your own pace.
You can download your study-guide to your smart phone, tablet or laptop to read offline.
There are automated self-assessment tests you can complete at the end of each lesson. You can attempt these as many times as you wish and each time, upon completion, you can see your results. You will need internet access to complete the self assessment tests.
At the end of the course, you are presented with a large assessment which can be attempted online, anywhere, anytime. If you achieve a 60% pass in the exam; you immediately receive a downloadable certificate of completion with your name on it. If you do not achieve a 60% pass rate, you can contact us to re-sit your exam. ( email- email@example.com )
Contact us at anytime if you have any issues with the course. firstname.lastname@example.org