Counselling skills are needed in many different situations, and this is a course that can set you on the right track to developing such skills.
Counselling happens both formally and informally. Professional counsellors may need a high level of formal training and experience; well beyond what this course can teach you, but counselling happens every day at levels below that. Ordinary people help friends and family get through difficult times. Youth workers, social workers, clerics and undertakers among many other professionals need to practice counselling in their day to day work.
Whatever your situation, this is a great course to start developing your counselling skills.
This course has seven lessons as follows
- Where can Counselling be Used
- How to See Behind the Mask
- Emotions and Attitudes
- How to Communicate Better when All You Have is Words
- Theory versus Practice
- Diffusing Difficult Situations
- Golden Rules or Tips
Who might Study this Course?
- A starter course for anyone contemplating work in counselling
- Skills Development for health or welfare professionals or anyone working in community services.
- Foundation (Introductory) training for volunteer counsellors (eg. Church organisations, charities)
- Professional Development for anyone working with people, from human resources management to supervisors.
Support from Expert Tutors
You have access to expert tutors through our student help desk all the time you are studying this course. Our school maintains help desks in both of our offices -in Australia and the UK; and has staff on duty five days a week manning phones, online chat and emails. Any questions that you have about what you are studying will be dealt with promptly (usually the same working day, often immediately).
If there is something you read or research that you don't understand, ask for help.
If you want to learn more about something you encounter through these studies, have a conversation with one of our faculty tutors
If you need direction to find more information, ask
If you need advice on moving forward with your work, career or studies after the course ask. (Free career and business advice).
SAMPLE PAGES FROM THE COURSE