Start Up a New Business
Learn to do it better and with less risk.
The Business Start Up short course will provide you a learning experience that can help you start your own business. Based on hands on knowledge and experience, this short course takes the learner each step that is involved in starting and planning for a business. Eliminate risks and understand the functions that a new business will need in order to become successful (whether it is a small business or large organisation).
This self-guided course allows you to work through the course at your own pace. There are no deadlines or cut off periods. There are many optional activities that will not only extend your learning experience, but will be relevant to you, the industry that you are wanting to enter and will also see you doing practical activities that can help you establish a business.
The Small Business Start Up Short Course involves seven lessons as follows:
1. Introduction to Business -understanding why some succeed and others fail
2. The Product or Service -What are you selling
3. Systems for Managing a Business
4. How to find Potential Customers
5. How to Make a Sale
6. Delivering the Product or Service
7 Pitfalls to Avoid
About this course:
- 20+hour, self paced course
- Fully online
- Optional, very practical set tasks throughout
- Automated self assessment tests
- Certificate of Completion upon achieving a 60% pass rate on a final assessment
This course is an ideal learning experience for anyone seeking to start a small business -on any scale, from home or away.
Support along the Way from Experts
You have access to expert tutors through our student help desk all the time you are studying this course. Our school maintains help desks in both of our offices -in Australia and the UK; and has staff on duty five days a week manning phones, online chat and emails. Any questions that you have about what you are studying will be dealt with promptly (usually the same working day, often immediately).
- If there is something you read or research that you don't understand, ask for help.
- If you want to learn more about something you encounter through these studies, have a conversation with one of our faculty tutors
- If you need direction to find more information, ask
If you need advice on moving forward with your work, career or studies after the course ask. (Free career and business advice is part of the service provided to all of our graduates).
SAMPLE COURSE PAGES